Do you want your child to have a unique name that no one else in the world has? If so, consider naming them after a dragon.
Dragons are mythical creatures that have been featured in stories for centuries.
They are known for their power and strength, and they make perfect names for boys and girls.
In this blog post, we will discuss baby names that mean dragon for boys and girls. We will also provide some tips on how to choose the perfect name for your child.
Badass Dragon Names For Your Little Fire Breather
Looking for badass dragon names for your little fire breather? You’ve come to the right place!
We’ve gathered some of the coolest dragon names around, perfect for any aspiring young dragons.
So sit back, relax, and check out our list of badass dragon names!
- Tatsaya- Assertive One
- Nuri- Fire- someone with a strong character and personality
- Dalinda- A lady of great noble character
- Anguisa- A girl with strong character traits
- Chusi- A dragon flower
- Daenerys- Lady of light or lady of stopgap
- Kaliyah- A great fighter, protection or protector
- Libelle- Dragonfly Melly- One who has the braveness and oneness of dragons Meraxes- An individual with a responsible nature
- Rhaenys- A genuine and cheerful girl
- Syrax-Defensive towards the bones they love
- Tarasque-Generous and good- natured
- Wyvern- Strength and leadership
- Xiuhcoat- Intelligent and facetious
Names That Mean Dragon From Around The World
Do you have a dragon-lover in your life? If so, why not name them after one of the many dragons from around the world?
There are dozens of fantastic names to choose from, each with their own unique history and meaning.
So if you’re looking for an unusual and eye-catching name for your child, take a look at these names that mean dragon!
- Doryu- one who understands the ways of a dragon
- Ejder-serious and thoughtful
- Fraener- dwarf
- Jiao-long- gauged
- Ju-long- important and gigantic
- Khuzaimah- tree
- Libelle- dragonfly
- Deadheart-cold heart
- Druk- thunder critter of Bhutanese tradition
- Ghidorah- three- headed hydra.
- Helios- sun god.
- Knucker- water dragon.
- Nocturne- of the light
- Oboth- Biblical name
- Shenron- deduced from the Dragon Ball anime
Names That Mean Dragon for Girl Babies
There are many names that mean dragon for girl babies. These names come from different cultures and languages all over the world.
If you are looking for a name that means dragon for your little girl, then you have come to the right place.
Here you will find a list of names that mean dragon, along with their meanings and origins.
So, whether you are looking for a name that is exotic and unique, or simply want to give your daughter a name with a strong meaning, these dragon names are perfect for you!
- Anguisa – This girl’s name is the womanish interpretation of the name Anguis.
- Chumana – A girl’s name of Native American origin.
- Chusi – Name pertaining to a dragon flower; as beautiful as your son.
- Daenerys – An English name meaning Lady of Light or Lady of Hope.
- Dracona – It means she- dragon. The way it’s written is the Latinized form of the word in Greek drakaina which also refers to a type of tree and succulent shrub.
- Druk – This name is of Bhutanese origin, and it refers to the Thunder Dragon.
- Georgina – means the womanish interpretation of the name George.
- Hydra – A variation of this womanish name is Hadria. This name refers to themulti-headed water dragon.
- Kaida – Girl’s name meaning Little Dragon. This name began from Japan which is suitable for our little love.
- Kaliyah – This name began from India. It’s a girl’s name, and it means the killer of a thousand- headed dragon.
- Khuzaimah – It’s an Arabic name that refers to the Gabal Elba Dragon Tree. This name can be used both for girls as for boys.
- Libelle- A unique and sophisticated girl’s name of German origin meaning Dragonfly.
- Melly- This name has Greek and French roots. Girls with this name show the same braveness and oneness as one can see in dragons!
- Meraxes – A girl’s name, which gives your baby a responsible nature.
- Rhaenys – A name coming from the film A Game of Thrones, Rhaenys rides the dragon. An inward regard to this name suggests a genuine and cheerful girl.
Names That Mean Dragon for Boy Babies
If you’re looking for a name that means “dragon” for your baby boy, you’ve come to the right place!
Here is a list of names that represent this fierce and mythical creature.
Whether you’re looking for something classics or unique, there’s surely a name on this list that will fit your needs. So, without further ado, here are names that mean dragon for boys!
- Anguis- This name began in Latin America. It was also also used by parents of Scottish descent where it changed to Angus. It’s a name that denotes excellent strength.
- Arad- Arad began in Persia, and it’s a Muslim boy’s name. This name means the Name of an Angel.
- Cadmus- The name Cadmus began in Greece. The name Cadmus is a typical boy’s name. In Greek, the name Cadmus means dragon’s teeth.
- Doryu- The meaning of the name is one who understands the ways of a dragon. Doryu is a boy’s name that began in Buddhism.
- Draco- It’s another boy name that means dragon. The name began as an Italian boy’s name.
- Dracon- This boy’s name shows an excellent capability to understand. It’s an English name, and historically it’s a ultramodern variant of the drake dragon.
- Drake- is an English name. People with this name are minding and tricky. They’ve the capability and power of both dragons and serpents.
- Draken- A potent name for your baby boy! It began in Greece. Boys with this name have a strong desire for a stable family or a community.
- Drayce- is a rare name. Boys called Drayce are leaders; they’re independent; not hysterical to explore new avenues in life.
- Fafner- is a Norwegian name. Boys with this name are excited by change. They’re dynamic and protean.
- George- The name George comes from the Christian religion and refers to the knight who slew a fire- breathing dragon. George also means planter.
- Irad- This name implies an conglomerate dragon. Its roots are in Israel, and it’s a biblical name.
- Jiao- Long- A boy’s name that means a kind of dragon. Indian Hindu astrologers have defined this name as someone who’s born with a star.
- Ju- Long- Ju- Long is of Chinese origin, and it means that the person called Ju- Long is big and important as a dragon.
Have A Look At : Gorgeous Names That Mean Blessing
Game Of Thrones Dragon Names
If you’re a fan of the hit HBO series Game of Thrones, you know that dragons play a big role in the show. In fact, some of the most iconic scenes in the series involve these giant creatures.
If you’ve ever wondered what the names of these dragons are, we’ve got you covered. Keep reading to learn more!
- Aegon- lightning”
- Balerion- stopgap behind the dears”
- Daenerys – lady of stopgap,” this character is known as the mama of dragons
- Drogon- manly dragon”
- Meleys- queen of the demiworld,” is the name of a dragon who fought during a civil war in the books
- Syrax – is the name of a dragon who who made an appearance in the companion book for the Song of Ice and Fire book series
- Valryon – strength” and” health”
- Ryoma- verity
- Ryuhei-noble, prosperous
- Sarkan- dragon in Slovakian
- Seiryu- Homeric
- Shulgan- water king
- Solontu- horned
- Uryuu- stormy
- Yongjin-real, genuine
- Zilong- child
Dragon Names for Your Little Firecracker
If you’re looking for a unique name for your little one, why not consider a dragon name? Dragons are fierce and powerful creatures, and these names reflect that power.
Check out some of the best dragon names for your little firecracker.
- Sarmite- This name means “ frost. ”
- Chrysophylax- In Latin, this name means “ rich. ”
- Yukiharu- This dragon name means “ snow sovereign . ”
- Drachenstein- In German tradition, this name comes from a wingless firedrake.
- Hedwig- This name means “ battle, ” “ combat, ” “ fight, ” or “ dogfight ” in German.
- Tirsynth- This dragon name means “ the heathen. ”
- Eirwen- This name means “ blessed snow. ”
- Frerryry –Perfect for either a fire or ice dragon, this name means “ the important bone . ”
- Rizontie- This name means “ ice breath. ”
- Lixue- This name means “ enough snow. ”
- Ziselaer- This name means “ champion of the black. ”
- Rex – means “ king. ”
- Ezorreod – This name means “ the strong- inclined. ”
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What’s a good name for a dragon?
Dragon names come in all shapes and sizes. Some are fierce, while others are cute and cuddly. But how do you know which one is right for your new dragon friend?
Check out this list of some of the best names for dragons!
Whether your child is looking for a name for their new stuffed dragon or they’re naming their new pet dragon, these names will be sure to inspire them!
2. What Japanese name means dragon?
When deciding on a name for your child, you may want to consider one that has a special meaning. Names with meanings can be inspired by many different things, including nature, mythology, and other cultures.
If you’re looking for an Asian name with a powerful meaning, consider the Japanese name Tatsu. It means dragon. Dragons are often seen as symbols of power and strength in many cultures, making this name perfect for your son or daughter.
If you’re interested in learning more about the meaning and history of this name, keep reading!
3. What are some badass dragon names?
Dragons are some of the most badass creatures in mythology. They’re powerful, huge, and often depicted with breath that can incinerate enemies.
So it’s no surprise that parents are looking for dragon names for their kids. Here are some of our favorites!
4. What would you name a girl dragon?
Naming your little girl dragon can be a lot of fun, but it can also be challenging. There are so many great names to choose from, but you want to make sure you pick the perfect one. Here are some tips to help you name your little girl dragon.
Also Read : Gorgeous Names That Mean Blessing