Names are powerful things. They can represent hope, love, and new beginnings. They can also be symbols of strength and protection. What’s more, names can carry spiritual significance.
Here are some examples of names that mean “God” in different languages. These names would be perfect for a baby boy or girl who wants to honor the divine.
Names That Mean God
Names are important. They can represent an entire lifetime of hopes and dreams or a single moment of pride and joy. For parents, choosing a name for their child is one of the most important decisions they will make.
When naming a child, many parents seek names with religious significance. Names that mean God can be found in cultures around the world. These names often carry with them a sense of power and strength.
- Aadia – A present; unequaled; perfect
- Aanam – A present from Lord Ganesha
- Aana – Gifted via way of means of God
- Amaris – One who’s given via way of means of God
- Anum – Blessing of God
- Ata – This call manner is present in Arabic.
- Ataullah – Another Arabic call meaning present of God.
- Atiya – A present
- Attam – A present from God
- Avishai – A present from God
- Avitaj – God`s present
- Ayaan – A present from God; rays of the glowing sun
- Ayaansh – A present of God; part of parents; first rays of the sun
- Badriprasad – A present from Lord Badri.
- Barkat – Blessings
- Bhanuprasad – A present of the sun
- Chandradutt – A present from the moon
Names Meaning “God Has Heard”
Names meaning “God has heard” are prevalent throughout many cultures and religions. These names are often given to children in the hope that God will hear their prayers and help them in their lives.
Also Read: Names that mean gold
Some of the more famous names with this meaning include Muhammad, which is the name of the prophet of Islam, and Mary, which is the name of Jesus’ mother.
- Jadon – The call Jadon is a Hebrew child call. In Hebrew the means of the call, Jadon is: Jehovah has heard. A Biblical call.
- Jadyn – The means of the call “Jadyn” is: “God has Heard”. Categories: American Names, Hebrew Names, Spanish Names. Used in: English speakme countries, Hebrew speakme countries, Spanish speak me countries. Gender: Both, Boy Names, Girl Names.
- Saam – Sām /sɑːm/ (سام), additionally transliterated Saam, is a legendary hero of historical Persia, and a vital man or woman withinside the Shahnameh epic. He changed into the son of Nariman, grandson of Garshasp and father to Zāl. … The call Sām is equal to the Avestan call `Saama’, because of this that darkish and Sanskrit ‘Shyaama’ because of this that the same.
- Samuel – Samuel (Sometimes spelled Samual) is a male given call and a surname of Hebrew beginning which means both “call of God” or “God has heard” (שם האלוהים Shem Alohim) (שמע אלוהים Sh’ma Alohim). Samuel changed into the final of the ruling judges withinside the Old Testament.
- Simmon – English (southern): patronymic both from the non-public call Simon (see Simon) or, as Reaney and Wilson suggest, from the medieval non-public call Simund (composed of Old Norse sig ‘victory’ + mundr ‘protection’), which after the Norman Conquest changed into taken as an equal Simon, with the end result that the 2 names became …
Girls Names That Mean God
In many cultures, it is believed that a child’s name has a powerful impact on their life. A person’s name can influence their character and their destiny.
In some cases, parents will choose a name for their child that has a special meaning. Here are some girl names that mean “god.”
- Anaya – Without a superior, God has proven favor, Without a Superior, Look Up To God, Hebrew – God Answered, God became gracious, A variant of Aniya,
- Saanvi – Goddess Lakshmi, One who could be followed, Name of the Goddess Lakshmi
- Kayra – Peaceful, Unique, Lady, Kayra’s approach She is a Peaceful and Unique Girl
- Rutvi – Name of An Angel which means season, Love and saint, Speech
- Prisha – Talent gave through God, Beloved, Loving, Gods gift, Beloved, Loving, God`s Gift, Dear
- Aarvi – Peace, The phrase has a which means of peace, or the only who makes peace
- Anvika – Powerful and complete, The effective and robust one
- Dityaa – Answer of prayers, Another call for Lakshmi, Goddess Laxmi who solutions the prayers
- Trishika – Goddess Lakshmi, Trident, One who’s with a pitchfork, Goddess Laxmi
- Anvi – One of devis names, Name of a Goddess, Goddess of the forest, the only who’s nature-loving
- Kiara – Little black one, Dusky, Dark haired, Kiara approach a Woman With Raven-Black, Dark Hair
- Mahira – Highly skilled, Expert, Quick, Talented, Powerful, knowledgeable, professional man or woman
- Nitara – Deeply rooted (Celebrity Names: Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Kumar), One who has the deep roots
- Mishika – Love of God, The man or woman with the beauty of sugar
Boy Names That Mean God
There are many boy names that mean god. Some of these names are Jesus, Maximus, and Apollo. These names all have a strong meaning behind them. They are all powerful names that would make any boy proud to wear them.
- Aayansh – The first Ray of light, Part of parents, Gift of God, Sun, like splendor or brightness of solar
- Sriansh – He who’s born with ansh or part of Lakshmi, He who’s born with ansh or part of Lakshmi
- Avyukt – Crystal clean or Lord Krishna or clean mind, One with a clean mind, Unconfused Being, One of the numerous names of Lord Krishna
- Kiyansh – Person having all traits, A Person having all traits, One who’s blessed with all precise traits
- Nirved – Gift through God, Came to this global withinside the month of November.
- Aarav – Peaceful, Sound, Shout (Celebrity Parents Name: Akshay Kumar & Twinkle Khanna), Peaceful, Ray, Hope, Radiating Light, Sanskrit: “peaceful,” “melodious sound”
- Ayaan – Someone who’s religiously willing, Gift of God (Celebrity Name: Emraan Hashmi), They are willing in the direction of God
- Atharv – To whom he discovered Brahma-vidya, One of the names of Lord Ganesha, Knower of Vedas, Knowledgeable One
- Avyan – Eloquent, One who has no imperfections, One of the numerous names of Lord Ganesha
- Rihaan – Gods selected one, Lord Vishnu, Destroyer of enemies
- Shriyan – Lord Vishnu, a Combination of the first three letters of Sriman and the ultimate three of Narayan, Lord Vishnu
- Ivaan – God’s gracious and wonderful gift, The Sun, Ruler, Royal
- Vivaan – Lord Krishna
Names That Mean God Is With Us
Names are important. They can carry a lot of weight and meaning. When it comes to names that mean God is with us, there is a lot of power in those words.
There are countless names that fall into this category, but here are just a few.
Guide On: Names That Mean King
First is Abigail. This name means “father’s joy.” It is perfect for any little girl who wants to feel confident and loved. Next is Gabriel. This name means “man of God.
- Emanuel – From the Hebrew call עִמָּנוּאֵל (`Immanu’el) which means “God is with us”. This changed into the foretold call of the Messiah withinside the Old Testament. It has been utilized in England for the reason that sixteenth century withinside the spellings Emmanuel and Immanuel, eleven though it has now no longer been widespread.
- Emanuela – The call Emanuela is a Hebrew toddler call. In Hebrew the means of the call, Emanuela is Feminine, which means God with us.
- Emmanuel – From the Hebrew call עִמָּנוּאֵל (‘Immanu’el) which means “God is with us”. This changed into the foretold call of the Messiah withinside the Old Testament. It has been utilized in England for the reason that sixteenth century withinside the spellings Emmanuel and Immanuel, eleven though it has now no longer been widespread.
- Imanol – Imanol is a given call and the Basque language is equal to Immanuel. It is the primary call of numerous first-rate people: Imanol Agirretxe (born 1987), Spanish soccer forward. Imanol Arias (born 1956), Spanish actor. Imanol Erviti (born 1983), is a Spanish street cyclist.
- Immanol – Hebrew Meaning: The call Imanol is a Hebrew toddler call. In Hebrew the means of the call, Imanol is: God is with us.
- Immanuel – From the Hebrew call עִמָּנוּאֵל (‘Immanu’el) which means “God is with us”. This changed into the foretold call of the Messiah withinside the Old Testament. It has been utilized in England for the reason that sixteenth century withinside the spellings Emmanuel and Immanuel, aleven though it has now no longer been widespread.
- Manuel – Manuel is a male-given call originating withinside the Hebrew call עִמָּנוּאֵל (Immanu’el), which means “God with us.” It changed into in all likelihood added from the Byzantine Empire (as Μανουήλ) to Spain and Portugal, in which it’s been used since that at the least the thirteenth century. Manuel is famous in Spanish, Portuguese, and German.
Baby Names Meaning God Answers Prayers
Choosing a name for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make as a parent. You want to choose a name that will be meaningful and reflect your child’s personality.
If you are looking for a name with a special meaning, consider one that means “God answers prayers.” Here are some baby names that mean “God answers prayers.
- Anael – This brief and quite call method God has spoken back. It`s a Jewish female`s call of Hebrew origin.
- Chinasa – Chinasa is a lovable Igbo call. Chinasa method God solutions prayers. It is a completely famous call among the Ibo human beings of Nigeria in West Africa. Chinasa is said as Chi-nah-sah.
- Eliana – Eliana is a stunning female Hebrew call which means God has spoken back my prayer. Eliana has soared in recognition withinside a previous couple of years and is presently among the pinnacle of a hundred famous female names.
- Pernita – This stunning Indian female call method spoke back prayers. It is a reasonably not unusual place to call in India however a completely unique girl call withinside the US.
- Anayah – This stunning exceptional female calls method God solutions. It has Hebrew roots. Anayah is a modern, uncommon and specific infant female call that means God has spoken back.
- Arabella – Arabella is an excellent female call of Latin origin. Arabella’s method is “yielding to prayer” or “spoke back prayer“. Some lovely nicknames for Arabella are Ari, Aria, and Bella.
- Anathoth – Anathoth is a biblical boy call that means solutions to prayer in Hebrew.
- Antothijah – A biblical boy call that means Jehovah`s answer, prayers spoke back through Yahweh. He becomes a Benjamite and is noted withinside the Old Testament ee-ebook of 1 chronicle 8:24.
- Jaanai – An vintage Hebrew male call that means God solutions. He become one of the sons of Reuben as recorded in 1 chronicle 5:12.
- Nkosiphendule – This is a completely lengthy 4-syllable boy call which means God has spoken back in Zulu. It`s said as nk(o)-siphon-du-le.
- Yanai – A Hebrew boy call, the Yanai method God solutions, and He will answer. It`s a famous boy`s call in Isreal.
- Saul – A biblical call of Hebrew origin. Saul becomes the call of the primary king of Isreal. Also, it`s the authentic call of the Apostle Paul. Saul’s method is “prayed for, requested for“.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which name means God has heard?
In Judaism, there are many names for God. Some say that each name means something different and special. One of the most popular names for God is “Elohim.” This name means “God has heard.”
It is often used when someone is praying or asking for something. Many people believe that this name is very powerful and that it can help them get what they want.
2. What does the name mean God sees?
The name “Ivan” is of Russian origin and means “God sees.” The name was given to the first Russian Tsar, Ivan the Terrible because he was known for his ability to see all that was happening in his kingdom.
The name is also associated with Saint John of Kronstadt, a Russian priest, and mystic who is said to have had the gift of prophecy.
3. What does the name mean by God’s love?
The name “Amor” is of Latin origin and means “God’s love.” It is often used as a name for boys, but it can also be a girl’s name. Amor is a very sweet and loving name, and it is perfect for someone who is kind-hearted and compassionate.
4. What does the name mean Light of God?
The name “Lucia” is derived from the Latin word lux, meaning light. Saint Lucia was a martyr in Syracuse, Sicily, who died during the persecution of Christians by the Roman emperor Diocletian in the early 4th century.
According to legend, Lucia appeared to her executioners carrying a candle, giving them light in the darkness. She is therefore regarded as the patron saint of sight and of the blind. Her feast day is celebrated on December 13th.
5. What does the name mean by the wisdom of God?
The name Solomon is of Hebrew origin and it means “peaceful” or “peaceful one.” The name was given to Solomon by his father, David
Check More: Names That Mean Magic