Boys are often named after things they hope to become, or qualities they hope to embody. This is especially true for boys who are born into royal families.
There are a number of wonderful names that mean “king” for boys. These names come with a sense of power and authority that any boy would be proud to carry. Here are some of the most popular names that mean king for boys.
Name that mean king
Names that mean king can be found in many cultures and languages. The title of king is one of great power and respect. In some cases, the name may be given to a child in honor of a king who has had a positive impact on the family or community.
Here are just a few examples of names that mean king in different languages.
- Aalam – Urdu, means “king.”
- Abban – Irish, means “little abbott.”
- Adelio – Spanish, means “father of the little prince.”
- Ara – Armenian, means “king.”
- Baron- Old English, means “ youthful legionnaire.” Historically a Baron lived in a castle and ruled over a plot of land under the King.
- Basil – Greek, means “royal” or “kingly.”
- Brennus – Celtic, means “king,” “prince,” or “raven.”
- Cadeyrn – Welsh, means “battle king.”
- Conrad – German, means “bold ruler.”
- Conri – Irish Gaelic, means “wolf king.”
Egyptian King Names for Boys
Looking for a unique name for your son? Why not consider an Egyptian king name? There are many great names to choose from, and your child will be sure to stand out from the crowd.
- Abasi – A name of Egyptian origin, this name means “ stern ”.
- Abayomi – It has an Egyptian origin. It means “someone who brings joy”.
- Abanoub – A awful name for your baby boy, this name of Egyptian origin means “ father or king of gold ”.
- Abrax – The name comes from Egyptian tradition meaning “ the great administrant from tradition ”.
- Abubakar – Another unique Egyptian baby name, this bone means “ noble ”.
- Ammon – The principal deity of ancient Egypt was called Amon, and this name originates from it. Also, it’s a place near the Dead Sea.
- Akl – The name has an Arabic origin. It means “food” and “intelligence or wisdom”.
- Akhenaten – This name of Egyptian origin means “devoted to Aten or the spirit of Aten”.
- Amenhotep – In Egyptian, it means ‘peace of Amon.’ It is derived from the Egyptian God Amon who is the God of sun and air.
- Babu – It is an old Egyptian name that refers to “the first child of Osiris”.
Fictional King Boy Names
There are many different names for boys, but when it comes to fictional kings there are only a few names that come to mind. These names are usually strong and powerful, like Alexander or Maximus. Here is a list of five fictional king boy names and their meanings.
- Arkin – means” eternal king’s son”.
- Baron – means “son of Aaron”.
- Earl – is a common baby name meaning “chief”.
- Herald – means “one who proclaims”.
- Joffrey – means “peace of a stranger”.
- Ladomir – means “famous ruler”.
- Leroy – means “the king”.
- Leroi – meaning “the king”.
- Quinton – means “Queen’s manor”.
- Quicksilver – means “element”.
- Rian – means “little king”.
Male King Names From Different Countries
King is a title that has been used by rulers of countries around the world for centuries. While the name of a king may vary from country to country, there are some common names that are used. This article will explore male king names from different countries.
- Albert – Noble, bright (German name), prince married to Queen Victoria
- Alexander – Defender, protection of man( Greek), Alexander the Great
- Augustus – Great, magnificent (Latin), first Roman emperor
- Carl – Free man (German), several lords of Sweden
- Christian – Follower of Christ (English), 10 Denmark lords
- Christopher – Christ-bearer (Greek), three Denmark kings
- David – Beloved (Hebrew), second king of Israel
- Hadrian – Dark-haired (Roman), emperor, built Hadrian’s Wall
- Henry – important sovereign ( German), name of eight English lords
- James – Supplanter (Hebrew), England reign 1603
British King Names for Boys
There has been a recent trend in British parents to name their boys after British kings.
This is likely in part due to the popularity of the Netflix series “The Crown”.
Some of the most popular names for boys in Britain are George, Arthur, and Edward.
These names are all derived from British kings. Another popular name for boys is William, which was also a king of Britain.
- Aldrich – Old, wise rule
- Arnold – Ruler strong as a ruler
- Avery – Ruler of the elves
- Balder – Prince, courageous or brave
- Edgar – Wealthy spear-man
- Edric – Wealthy ruler
- Jerrick – Strong gifted ruler
- Kingsley – King’s meadow
- Roy – King
- Steven – Crown
Spanish Boy Names That Mean a King Position
There are many Spanish boy names that mean a king position. These names are perfect for boys who want to feel powerful and important. Some of the most popular names include Rey, Carlos, and Diego.
These names are all unique and have a strong meaning behind them. If you are looking for a powerful name for your son, then consider one of these Spanish boy names.
- Delroy – French origin. (Meaning: Of the King) .
- Juan – Spanish and Hebrew origin. (Meaning: God is gracious).
- Leroy – French origin. (Meaning: The King).
- Paris – French origin. (This royal name was the name of a Prince of Troy).
- Maximo – Spanish origin. (Meaning: The greatest).
- Brynjar – (Meaning: Power).
- Casper -(Meaning: King of the treasure).
- Einar – (Meaning: Bravery).
- Eirik – (Meaning: King forever).
- Valter – (Meaning: To rule).
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What name means powerful king?
The name “king” is derived from the Old English cyning, which means “powerful king”. The name has been used in many different countries and cultures throughout history. In most cases, it is used to denote a ruler or monarch who is the supreme leader of their nation.
2. What is a good name for a king?
Choosing a good name for a king is not an easy task. There are many factors to consider, such as the king’s personality and the country’s culture. Some names are more popular than others, but there is no single perfect name for a king.
3. Who is greatest king in the world?
There have been many great kings throughout history, but who is the greatest? Some say it is Alexander the Great, others say it is Julius Caesar. But, in my opinion, the greatest king in the world is King David of Israel. He was a great warrior who defeated Goliath and conquered Jerusalem. He was also a wise and righteous king who ruled his people with justice and compassion.
4. What names mean emperor?
Names are incredibly important to individuals and families. They can carry a lot of meaning, history, and significance. For example, the name “Emperor” has a lot of weight behind it. What does it mean? What are some famous Emperors? Let’s take a look.
Also Read : 80+ Beautiful Baby Names That Mean Life