The vastness of it, the power of the waves, the mystery of the depths? The ocean is a source of inspiration for many people. It’s no wonder that so many names for babies come from this majestic body of water.
If you’re looking for a name that will inspire your child to be brave and adventurous, look at these ocean names!
Names That Mean Ocean
When you think about summer, the ocean probably comes to mind. Ospreys and dolphins are playing in the waves, children are building sandcastles on the beach, and salty air filling your lungs. What’s not to love about the ocean?
If you’re looking for a name that captures all that is refreshing and beautiful about summer, here are some names that mean ocean.
Names like Ocean, Wave, Marina, and summer evoke feelings of happiness and freedom. They remind us of warm weather, blue skies, and sandy beaches. If you’re looking for a name that represents everything wonderful about summertime, consider one of these names meaning ocean.
- Haf – Icelandic for “ocean”
- Bahari – Swahili for “ocean”
- Samudra – Indonesian for “ocean”
- Jaladri – Sudanese for “ocean”
- Okeanos – Ancient Greek for “ocean”
- Pelagic – Greek for “ocean”
Unisex Names That Mean Ocean
Ocean names are perfect for either a boy or a girl. They are unique, and they have a special meaning that will last your child’s lifetime. Plus, they are perfect if you want to give your child a unisex name. Here are some of our favourite ocean names for boys and girls!
Read More: Unique Tortle Name Ideas
- Aiden – Scottish baby name meaning “fire”
- Oceanus – Ancient Greek name meaning “ocean”
- Triton – Greek god of the sea
- Poseidon – Greek god of the sea, earthquakes, and floods
- Nereus – Greek god of the sea
- Ocean – English name derived from the word “ocean”
- Marina – Latin name meaning “of the sea”
- Triton – a sea god in Greek mythology; he was the son of Poseidon and Amphitrite
Greek Names That Mean Sea
He was often depicted holding a trident, which represented his power over the oceans. If you’re looking for a name that means ‘sea’, there are plenty of great options to choose from in Greek mythology. Here are some of our favourites!
- Rena – Graceful; Of the Sea; Born Again;
- Zale – Sea Strength
- Adria –The Adriatic Sea Region;
- Darya – Wealthy; Rich; Possesses a Lot;
- Dorea – Of the Sea
- Doria – From Doris; Gift from God;
- Doris – From Doris; Dorian Woman;
Unique Ocean Names
When most people think of names for oceans, the first ones that come to mind are probably Atlantic and Pacific. But did you know that there are many other names for oceans around the world? Here is a list of some of the more unique ocean names.
Guide On: Hawaiian Team Name Ideas
- Christopher – After Columbus
- Clarion – Underwater fracture zone
- Cleat – T-shaped metal or wood structure on a boat to which ropes are attached
- Davy – As in Davy Jones’ Locker
- Edward – Blackbeard was a pirate
- Pavati – Hopi for “clear water”
- Sedna – Inuit goddess of the sea
- Slender – After a tuna species
- Ula – Sea jewel
Baby Boy Names That Means Ocean
It’s no wonder that so many baby boys are given names with meanings related to the sea. If you’re looking for a name that captures the power and beauty of the ocean, check out these options. They’re perfect for any little boy who loves spending time by the water.
- Adrian –Adrian name Adrian was originally used to refer to a person from the Adriatic Sea
- Alon – Alon sophisticated-sounding boy’s name means ‘waves’
- Calder – This name means ‘rocky water’
- Delmar –This boy’s name means ‘of the sea’
- Eldoris – The inspiration for Doris in the girls’ and also meaning ‘of the sea’
- Heli – A Celtic unisex name that means ‘saltwater’
- Hurley – An Hurley boy’s name meaning ‘sea tide’
Baby Girl Names That Mean Ocean
Are you looking for a name for your new baby boy? Why not choose one that means ocean? There are many beautiful names to choose from, and each one has its own special meaning. Here are some of our favourites:
- Ariel – Thanks to Disney, probably the most popular mermaid name right now
- Asherah – This awesome name has an awesome meaning – ‘she who walks on the sea’
- Avisa – Means ocean in Sankrit
- Chantara – This Thai word means ‘moon water’
- Doris – This name means ‘gift of the ocean’
- Firtha – An old Scottish name that means ‘arm of the sea’
Check More: Best Water Wars Team Names
Frequently Asked Questions:-
1. What are nice ocean names?
The ocean is a big, vast place with plenty of names to choose from. But which are the best ocean names for boys and girls? Here’s a list of some of our favorite picks!
2. What is a girl‘s name that means ocean?
Most girls’ names have meanings that are inspired by nature, such as flowers or trees. But what about a girl’s name that is inspired by the ocean? Here are five beautiful names that mean ocean to give you some ideas!
3. What name Means Ocean Queen?
The ocean is a beautiful and powerful force of nature. So, it makes sense that a name meaning ocean would befit a powerful and majestic lady. In this post, we will explore the name Aquamarine and find out why it is perfect for a little girl who loves the water. Stay tuned!